The aim of the project is to study, develop and implement an advanced gasification concept for the energy exploitation of the non-recyclable stream of modern recycling factory.
The main objectives are:
- Mechanical treatment of the residual urban waste from EPANA’s factory towards the production of RDF/SRF, according to the developing standard EN/TC 343.
- Characterization and standardization of produced RDF/SRF according to the developing standard EN/TC 343.
- Gasification of the classified RDF/SRF to produce a combustible gas potentially used in the existing biogas collection network for electricity generation in Ano Liosia.
- Demonstration of the RDF/SRF energy exploitation technology, which meets serious difficulties for implementation in Greece, while being widely applied in other EU countries.
- Environmental impact assessment of the proposed action and dissemination activities to promote the energy exploitation of urban waste and/or other residues. The replication potential of the proposed project in Greece and other EU countries will be investigated, as well.